HOW CHIROPRACTIC CARE CAN HELP WITH SHOULDER PAIN
Updated: Oct 5
Most people identify chiropractic care with neck or back pain relief. However, chiropractic treatment is not only for neck and back pain problems. Many chiropractors are skilled to treat and work on shoulders, knees, and joints. Shoulder pain is one condition that can be managed through chiropractic treatments.
What are the main causes of shoulder pain?
Most people suffering from shoulder pain can confirm that the source of the issues is not bone related. Most shoulder pain problems are linked with muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Some of the causes of the pain include:
• Injury/instability – injuries to the shoulders are not common but can cause a lot of pain. In most cases, they occur to athletes. An injury can cause a lot of pain and unsteadiness.
• Impingement syndrome – one general cause of shoulder pain is impingement syndrome. Most people experience this kind of pain when they move they shoulder a lot in a short period of time.
• Bursitis – shoulders have small-sac-like fluids around the joints, which help to reduce friction during motion and mobility. However, bursitis can cause the area to become inflamed or swollen. This can cause a lot of pain.
• Arthritis – this condition is common among the elderly people. Happily, chiropractic care can be used to treat the condition.
• Other causes of shoulder pain are rotator cuff tendonitis, frozen shoulder, labral tear, and shoulder dislocation among other causes.
How Chiropractic-Care can help with Shoulder Pain
The number of people using prescribed drugs for acute or chronic pain has increased all over the world. However, most of these drugs have numerous side effects and are not effective. Fortunately, chiropractic care offers a safe and an effective solution. When you visit Spinal Solutions, you undergo several tests to determine the cause of the problem. The tests are essential since they help the chiropractor to pick the best strategy to fix the issue. Most of these tests are simple such as your chiropractor holding your arm to assess the strength.
After the tests, you may need to undergo some x-rays or scans to make the results official. Then he will choose the best therapy for your case. Your chiropractor will also check your daily activities to determine whether there are areas in your life that can interfere with the treatment.
What are the best Chiropractic treatment options for shoulder pain?
Every case is different and may require a specific kind of treatment. Fortunately , chiropractic care has numerous treatment options and programs. However, the procedure must be consistent no matter the problem. The chiropractor first focuses on treating the shoulder pain and the inflammation. Some of the treatment options include hot and cold therapy, electric muscle stimulation, ultrasound therapy, and spinal manipulative therapy. After several sessions, our chiropractor may suggest some exercises to help keep and improve the strength and control of the shoulder.
How long does the treatment take?
In most cases, the treatment takes 6-8 weeks. But it is wise to note that each case is different, and various strategies may be involved. Most people who have undergone chiropractic treatment have recorded amazing results, even for chronic pain problems.