HOW CHIROPRACTIC CARE CAN HELP WITH NECK PAIN
Neck pain may range from a minor pain to severe and unbearable pain. In many cases, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible because the pain can move to the head or the shoulders. Some of the common symptoms of neck pain include general tenderness and soreness, stiff neck, sharp and stabbing and radiating pain.
What are the main causes of neck pain?
There are many causes of neck pain, but the most common causes include:
• Injury – injuries are the main causes of neck pain. Even though it does not have to be a serious injury, a forced movement of the neck or head in any direction can lead to neck pain.
• Accident – car accidents are also common causes of neck pain. They can cause injury to the discs, ligaments, inter-vertebral joints, nerve roots, and muscles.
• Age – growing older can cause several disorders that can lead to neck pain.
• Poor lifestyle – obesity, poor posture, and weak abdominal muscles can upset spinal balance leading to neck pain. Emotional tension and stress can also cause the muscles contract and tighten leading to stiffness and pain.
• Other causes include osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and various disorders.
How chiropractic care can help with neck pain
Chiropractic care is one of the most recommended treatments for neck pain. It is an highly effective way to manage and reduce discomfort and swelling normally caused by neck pain. Frequent chiropractic care provides people with neck pain and other neck disorders a non-invasive, safe and a great alternative to drugs or over the counter medications. If you have been struggling with chronic neck pain, chiropractic care is the best treatment to consider.
Chiropractors are trained and skilled doctors who are able to give a gentle and tender therapy commonly referred to as chiropractic adjustment. The adjustments improve the misalignment or joint restrictions in the body joints and the spine to lessen inflammation and intensify the nervous system and the affected joints.
By improving the nervous system and increasing joint mobility, the body can be able to manage the discomfort of the neck. Chiropractic care is also a great treatment for back pain, shoulder pain, leg pain, sciatica pain, and injury or car accident pain. It is also effective for kids and adults.
Health benefits chiropractic-care offers to people with neck-pain
Some of the benefits chiropractic care offers to individuals suffering from neck pain include:
• Enhanced flexibility
• Reduced neck discomfort and pain
• Enhanced range of motion
• Reduced inflammation
• Improved activity and lifestyle.
Why choose a chiropractor for neck pain?
Apart from the above health benefits, a chiropractor will also teach you how to live a better lifestyle. Based on your day-to-day tasks, you will be taught good sitting postures, specific exercises to strengthen the neck and improve posture, healthy eating habits and how to manage stress. Once you visit our clinic, Dr. Harvey will start with a free consultation, tests and probably refer you for further examinations that include scans or x-rays. Then based on the results, Dr. Harvey will choose the best technique to treat the neck pain pain.